To do this poster, here is what I did:
- Found a picture of Westeros online
- In Photoshop, I outlined the kingdom and Select > Inverse and deleted the landscape
- I used the gradient tool to make my own gradient from colors that were in the original background, a green and a blue. On a new layer, I clicked and dragged on a slight angle in order to to have the green slope.
- I used a filter on both the Kingdom and on the landscape. I went to Filter>Filter GAllery to bring up all the filters and view them in real time before applying it. For the castle, I decided on Poster Edges. For the background I used Cutout.
- Online, I found a website that generates text in the Game of Thrones font. I generated the Westeros text and then added it in. I used a Layer Style by double clicking on the layer. I used the Bevel and Emboss effects.