For the color splash daily creat, I immediately knew I wanted to do something with an American Flag. It is such an iconic figure and I knew the colors would stand out really well on a black and white background. Here are the steps I took to create this image:
- Open Image
- Duplicate Layer
- On original picture went to Image> Adjustments > Hue/Saturation and turned Saturation down
- Layer > Layer Mask > Reveal All
- Selction of Flag using Magic Wand, Quick Selection and Lasso Tools
- Contol & Backspace to fill with Black to reveal background color. White Reveals and Black Conceals
- Played around with Brightness/Contrast as well as Hue/Saturation under the Image>Adjustments tab. Did this on the orignal picture layer in order to play with the colors that were coming through the layer mask.